My husband hates it, says it’s too bitter, but I LOVE it!! I got the kids to eat a few bites tonight but they weren’t thrilled LOL. Anyway – it’s really easy to make and super healthy.
What you’ll need:
- 1 head broccoli rabe, ends cut off, and chopped in half
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or any type of tomatoes chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes (I used about 2 tsp)
- A few squirts of lemon juice
- Heat the chicken broth and garlic on med-high heat until bubbling.
- Add the broccoli rabe and toss it around until it’s all wet and starts to wilt. Add a healthy dose of salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- At this point taste the broccoli rabe and add more s&p to your liking, if needed. Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, cover and simmer (low heat) for 15 minutes. When I serve it, I use a slotted spoon if there is any chicken broth left. Enjoy!