I really though this was delicious even though my family was just EH about it. It’s not much work so it’s worth a try to see if you like it! I used 2 bags of parsnips, but if you’re serving more than 4 adults you may need another bag.
- 2 bags parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks (remove top and bottom pieces).
- 3 TBSP butter, melted
- Small container light cream
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Sea salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400º
- Put parsnips in bowl and coat with butter
- Spread out on baking sheet in single layer
- Roast 20-25 minutes turning once, or until golden brown
- Put parsnips back into bowl, add 1/2 cup light cream, approx 1 tsp each salt & pepper, dash of nutmeg, and mash with a potato masher. Taste and continue to add cream and salt & pepper in small increments until you reach desired consistency and taste.